Thursday, March 10, 2011

A new experiment

I'm excited about this new experiment. Venturing into new territory with fabric. My sketches are screen printed onto the fabric. After trimming away certain spots, I tried sewing it on my machine to do raw edge applique. The machine would have NO part of it. It decided it would rather EAT the fabric. The ink is plastic based, and is somewhat course. So, it would not get under the feed dogs without getting stuck. So, I whippped out the needle and thead, and hand stitched. I also used Wonder Under to secure. Then, added beads and metallic gold thread as accents.
I'm unsure about the border. My idea is pinnned to one side and I just keep pondering it. This piece is about 8" high. I have other drawings on different fabric backgrounds and can't wait to get working on them.

1 comment:

Anne K. said...

Oh, wow, Susan, this is gorgeous!