Saturday, September 24, 2011

Mimi is going to Houston

Quilting Arts Magazine recently had a Readers Challenge called PET PEEVES. Once I saw that subject- I knew exactly how I would translate the theme into fabric. My cat, Mimi, loves to get right in the middle of whatever I am working on. She thinks it's totally acceptable to lay on my cutting mat, jump on a quilt that is getting sandwiched, or just taking a nap next to my sewing machine. She can even get downright territorial, too! That's not so nice, and I have to give her the boot when that happens. I tweaked her scanned image and made a fabric collage and added some buttons and ribbons. The finished size is 8 1/2" x 11"
The emailed images were reviewed and the results were announced on Pokey Boltons Blog, and they asked everyone to mail in their art quilt. They are going to put as many as in the Dec/Jan issue as they can. So, I'm anxiously awaiting to see if it's included in my FAVORITE magazine!
They are taking all of them (including Mimi) to decorate the booth at the Houston Quilt Show- Fall Market. Wish I was going with my quilt!

No comments: